JOB OPPORTUNITY - Crossing Guards
Applications can dropped off at Police Headquarters (264 Mercer Street Stirling, New Jersey 07980) Monday-Friday between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. The crossing guard position will be at a hourly rate of $22.90 and an average 10 hours per week. The deadline for applications will be August 6, 2018
· No person shall be appointed as an adult school crossing guard unless:
· They are a citizen and resident of this State;
· They are of sound body and of good health;
· They are of good moral character and have not been convicted of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude.
Expectations and Duties:
· Be on time.
· Call out sick well in advance.
· Always wear reflective vest and carry STOP paddle while on post.
· Maintain a neat appearance.
· Keep uniform in good condition.
· Scan the area for hazardous conditions (potholes, obscured signs, ice, snow, etc.)
· Park your car in a safe and legal place where it will not obstruct your vision of traffic.
· Remain standing at post during hours of duty. Never sit in vehicle.
· Be courteous, pleasant and businesslike with children and adults.
· Never leave your post during hours of duty. If a family emergency arises, contact your supervisor or the school to arrange for relief.
· Leave post at end of shift, unless child pedestrians are approaching the crosswalk.
· Be professional.
· Do not smoke or use tobacco products, eat or drink, or chew gum, use profanity, or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while on duty.
· Do not use a personal cell phone or other electronic device unless necessary to report an emergency.
· Do not read or listen to music.
· Do not engage drivers in conversation.
· Do not touch children or allow children to sit in the guard’s car.
· Be an authority figure. Teach by example
Click here for Employment Application