915 Valley Road, Gillette, NJ 07933
(908) 647-8000 ext. 224
Administrative Assistant, Andrea Tsimboukis ext 211
Send Email to the Administrator
Township Administrator Neil Henry serves as chief administrative officer of the township. Mr. Henry, who oversees all municipal departments, coordinates the day-to-day operations of the township and carries out the policies as set by the elected township committee.
Acting as the principal liaison between township committee members, township departments and the general public, the township administrator oversees a broad spectrum of township functions. The administrator’s duties include:
- Works in conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer and the Township’s auditor to prepare and administer the municipal budget.
- Serves as the personnel liaison to the Township Committee and manages all personnel matters.
- Attends all meetings of the Township Committee and other boards, commissions and committees as directed.
- Oversight of township purchasing and capital improvement projects
- Coordination of municipal property acquisitions and open space purchases
- Solicitation of grant funding from a variety of sources
- Works closely with the Township Clerk on many issues including the Township Committee agenda, contract management and records administration
- Township representation before agencies including the board of education, neighboring governmental jurisdictions, Morris County and the state of New Jersey
The township administrator’s immediate staff consists of an executive administrative assistant and an administrative assistant. Mr. Henry maintains an open door policy and encourages residents who wish to visit and meet with him to contact his office at 908-647-8000 extension 224 to schedule an appointment.
Neil Henry was appointed by the township committee as township administrator on September 26, 2012. Prior to his appointment, Mr. Henry worked as a sales and marketing executive for 33 years. He has served as Mayor of Mendham Borough since 2007 and was a member of the Mendham Borough Council from 2001 until 2006.