Taxes are due -
May 1st, Aug 1st, Nov 1st
There is a 10 calendar day grace period for each quarter.
Tax Bills are mailed once a year to homeowners and/or their mortgage company.
The interest rate for delinquency taxes is by state statute as follows: The first $1.500. of delinquency is at 8% (APR) any balance over $1,500. is at 18%. The 18% interest remains until the delinquency is brought current.
There is a Year End Penalty of 6% on any parcel with a balance of tax and interest over $10,000.
PRE PAYMENT DISCOUNT
The Township offers a Pre Payment Discount on the following year tax paid in the current year by the last business day of December 31st at 12 noon. (example) 2020 taxes paid in 2019 would be eligible for the discount.
(Must call the Tax Office if you are considering a pre Payment and we will compute the discount.)
SENIOR CITIZEN AND DISABLED DEDUCTION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE TAX OFFICE
The requirements for a Senior Deduction are:
1. You must be 65 years of age in the prior year
2. Your income can not be over $10,000. (EXCLUDING SOCIAL SECURITY INCOME)
3. You must own and reside in the home by October 1st of the prior year.
The requirements for a Disabled Deduction are:
1. 100% permanently and totally disabled.
2. Unable to gainfully be employed as of December 31 of the prior year.
3. A physician's or Social Security Disability or New Jersey Commission for the Blind Certificate.
4. Income can not be over $10,000. (excluding social security).